Build the future of healthcare
Like what you see? We need smart, determined people to help turbocharge innovation.
If that is you, please get in touch.
Echo is an inclusive employer and celebrates diversity.
Growth Manager / Head of Growth (Digital)
We’re looking for a growth professional to help us scale to one million patients by 2020.
Founded by patients, our mission is to simplify pharmacy—making medicine work for everyone by creating a world where people, medicine and data are connected.
We’re a diverse, passionate and friendly team of almost seventy based in London. Pharmacists, doctors, engineers, developers and designers, our goal is to make it easier for people to get and manage their medicine.
In 2018 Echo was named KPMG’s Mobile App of the Year and won the Mayor of London’s MedTech award. We’re backed by some fantastic investors too, including Whitestar, MMC Ventures and LocalGlobe. But what we are most proud of is the impact we’re having on patient health, which you can read more about here.
Half of all adults in the UK take medicine to manage a chronic condition, and as our society ages this number is only set to increase. So the market is huge. However, pharmacy is traditionally a low-margin business, so user acquisition requires both creativity and technical excellence.
Working directly with one of our co-founders and our Head of Marketing, your first mission is to optimise our digital channels. This means getting stuck into our accounts (Google, Facebook, Instagram) and figuring out how we we get the most from our media spend. You will be responsible for how and where we deploy the budget, as well as managing our creative and media agencies.
Your second mission is to scale—the strategy, the channels, the team, the creative, the opportunity. Our growth targets are ambitious and the opportunity to harness the latest technology huge.
Last but not least, your third mission is to go beyond paid/BTL media; maintaining growth but reducing our reliance on AdWords et al.
- You will have directly managed campaigns in either a start-up/scale-up or agency environment—you know how to build out campaigns from scratch.
- You are serious about adtech and track the latest platforms and tech developments.
- You can dig deep on the numbers and platforms to directly optimise campaigns and understand attribution, with killer attention to detail.
- You know what great creative looks like and how to make it work across platforms.
- You are determined and ready to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are a nice person :)
- Transform medicine management in the NHS, making life easier for patients and clinicians
- Work with some of the smartest, friendliest people in HealthTech
- Competitive package, including options
- Central London WeWork location (plus office dog Bruce!)
- All the tech you need to do the job
Interested in this role? Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
You will be leading the backend side of engineering at Echo. This will involve designing and building new systems and services as well as maintaining and improving existing ones. You will have a lot of autonomy in deciding how to build things and what technologies to use. Our existing backend systems are all written in Node.js but we are also open to using other technologies, Go being high up on our list. We are running Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform and deploy daily.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far but there is still a very long way to go and you will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the business.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for someone who:
- Is good at finding clean and elegant solutions to problems
- Likes to ship small and often
- Likes to write tests
- Enjoys reviewing other people's code and having their code reviewed
- Likes working in a collaborative and autonomous environment
- Likes to monitor everything and make decisions based on data
You should have experience with:
- Node.js and/or Go
- Docker and container based deployment
- Application monitoring tools
Echo allows patients to order and manage their prescription medications as well as helping them know when to take their medication and when they are about to run out. We firmly believe that we can solve a number of customer pain-points and make the system as a whole significantly more efficient.
Our top priority is our customers well-being and we pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry and that is reflected in the amazing feedback we get from people using Echo to manage their medication.
Joel Test score: 12 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- ✅ Do you use source control?
- ✅ Can you make a build in one step?
- ✅ Do you make daily builds?
- ✅ Do you have a bug database?
- ✅ Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- ✅ Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- ✅ Do you have a spec?
- ✅ Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- ✅ Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- ✅ Do you have testers?
- ✅ Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- ✅ Do you do hallway usability testing?
Designer Who Codes
We're looking for an awesome designer for Vault, our bespoke back-end system and brains of Echo. Vault provides the interface for our pharmacists, operations and support teams to manage all requests and ensure our users get the best possible service.
We’re looking for a Product Designer with front-end development experience to be responsible for the design of this platform and help us give our internal tools the same love and user-focused design as our end-user products.
You’ll combine product design and UI engineering to create and maintain a design system and component library to ensure that we build consistent and scalable interfaces, working very closely with the engineering to implement and craft these products.
Last but not least, you’ll be a master at turning very complex processes into intuitive interfaces and workflows.
Click apply to see the full job details.
We’re looking for a Product Designer who has experience working with customer-facing mobile apps.
This role would join our small (but well formed!) product/design team of 5, utilising design to solve problems and help craft the best mobile healthcare experience.
Your work will help us continue to push the boundaries in patient-centred design and provide an industry-leading product that improves the health of our users.
Click apply to see the full job details
As Fulfilment Associate you’ll play a crucial part in the Echo Operations Team. You’ll focus on managing medication and packaging stock levels, while using our back-end system to dispatch orders throughout the day. You will be responsible for the accuracy of orders that leave the door as well as helping order and check off stock accurately to maintain our stock levels at all times. It will be important for you to optimise the best way to make use of limited space for holding excess stock without compromising the user experience. We will be looking to draw on your experience to help shape the Operations Team as we scale.
Click apply to see the full job details
You’ll be tasked with working with the pharmacists in our Clinical Team, assisting with the day to day here at Echo to include: prescription order management, stock management, helping people with medication adherence, and many of our administrative tasks. We pride ourselves on delivering an unparalleled all-round customer experience and expect great work: to this end you will be working closely not only with the Dispensary Technicians to ensure dispensing excellence, but with our Operations Team to communicate with our users to deal with their clinical questions in conjunction with our Clinical Director and Pharmacists.
A tight-knit unit, we expect everyone here at Echo to also be working towards improving the product and experience every single day, you’ll have constant opportunities to feed into our ongoing systems improvement and the opportunity to liaise not only with Operations, but with Product to shape and better our internal tools.
If you're frustrated with how pharmacy works today and want to help build the future of medication supply and adherence, get in touch. We're looking firmly towards the future, you should be too!
Click apply to see the full job details
Customer Experience Associate
Right at the heart of Operations, you'll be the voice of Echo for patients, GP surgeries and pharmacy staff alike. Day-to-day you will be communicating to users via an in-app messenger as well as liaising with the Fulfilment and Clinical Team as necessary. There will also be a requirement to call GP surgeries to provide users with relevant updates every step of the way.
You're driven to help people, will treat each interaction with the same care and empathy, and recognise the sensitivity of the personal data you're handling.
Not only will you represent Echo to our patients, but you'll seize opportunities to represent our users to the Product Team: if you see something that's causing confusion, you speak up right away, knowing this will help others in the future. Each and every one of us works to improve the experience in any way we can.
Each interaction is important, you'll use your discretion, judgement and empathy to reach the best outcome each time, recognising that the solution isn't to promise the impossible, but to advocate, educate, help, and occasionally simply to listen. You know when to ask for help, and will work closely with our Clinical Team who will be responsible for handling the clinical queries you will encounter.
If you're driven to help, go the extra mile, and strive for better every day, get in touch.
We are looking for someone who:
- Cares deeply about customer support, recognising its place at the heart of Echo
- Instinctively knows when to go the extra mile
- Relishes problem solving, thinking creatively and quickly
- Is willing to work shift patterns including weekend work
- Has a keen eye for detail
- Is able to articulate ….
- Ideally has previous experience in a fast-paced environment, perhaps in technology or the service industry
- Stays calm under pressure, helping those around them to do the same
You should have
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to appropriately prioritise workload
- Empathy, patience, and grace
- A drive to help people
- An innate understanding of the sensitivity of the data you're handling and the need for confidentiality
- University degree or equivalent experience
- You should also be willing to undergo a DBS check.
- Highly competitive package
- 25 days of annual holiday + 3 days extra between Xmas and New Year 1 flexible work from home day
- Apple equipment
- Fruit basket Mondays
- Craft beer & learn o’clock Fridays
- Team lunch & drinks once a month
- Ticket to a local tech event once a month
- Fresh single origin coffee & artisan loose leaf teas
- Definitely no instant coffee 😉